View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ali,

CT scans and MRI's are worthless for 99.9% of PCS. An MRI needs to be a high Tesla (6 Tesla or more) to adequately show the microscopic damage from a concussion. Even then, it does not show anything that is treatable.

As I stated before, CT scans will show brain bleeds best at three days post concussion.

If you have sudden onset of extreme headache or vision or hearing difficulties, then go immediately to medical help. Nausea is not uncommon but if it becomes so bad that you cannot keep liquids down, seek medical help.

The test that shows the dysfunction best, in my opinion, is a qEEG. Quantified Electro-EncephaloGram. They wire up your brain with 18 to 20+ electrodes and measure your brain waves while you watch a screen and hear sounds. A good qEEG tech and diagnostician can tell what is going wrong. qEEG's are hard to get done because many neuro's do not accept the technology. They tend to rely on a generic EEG with the flashing lights and such. Such EEG's are intended to only show seizure activity.

So, for now, rest and avoiding as much of the chaos is best.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote