View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there everyone,

Well in Nov, my endocrinologist started me on 75mcg of Synthroid, then January my second ultrasound revealed 2 new nodules, while one of the previous ones has shrunk while on the higher dose of Synthroid.

I saw her a couple of weeks to go over the latest ultrasound and bloodwork, my vitamin D and calcium levels were low so she reminded me to be sure to take my Caltrate (I keep forgetting) and also take Vitamin D supplement.
She also allowed me to start 5mcg of Cytomel along with my 75mcg Synthroid.
I hinted for the T3/T4 regimen, cause I have heard in cases like mine where most of the symptoms, mostly fatigue still lingers, so far it seems to be helping. Now to lose this damn weight, I gained 45 lbs in only a few years, and still seem to gain a couple every 2 weeks.
Maybe with fatigue fading, I'll have enough strength to go back to my daily exercise regime, helping to lose this damn weight.
Wish me luck as I wish all of you that have to deal with this stuff.
I found out the achiness in my right elbow/wrist/hand turned out to be "tennis elbow" the other achiness and constant low grade temp on and off is gone now. Yay!! I guess it's a deal that takes a little at a time to regain my physical life back, eh?
Anyone use Cytomel and Synthroid as a combo? If so, I'd be glad to hear how y'all do with that.
Thanks for listening to my lengthy post.
Take care now,
DE
darkeyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote