View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycojade View Post
Yes; my one atty. did the W.C. set-aside & SSD. As for the SSI; I applied for it myself. I was denied just last month because I have a pension plan with my former employer & I had to find out if I could draw off of it or not. (Which I just found out I can't); so I sent in the paper to SSI stating I can't. Now I'll wait & see with that.
As with the links provided ---maybe I'm not reading it right. But, I can't find a simple "yes or no" answer (if W.C. medical set-aside payment will count against applying for SSI).
So you are not vested in the pension or not old enough to get a monthly annuity payment? If not, why can't you withdraw your contributions and have them paid in a lump sum. SSI needs to know that. May still be a resource. SSI would need to know that you cannot under any circumstances whatsoever get any money out of this pension plan.

I think the reason you cannot find a reference that your WC medical set-aside is excludable from SSI resources is because it is not.

Also, if you read the reference on trusts, you'll see that the trust cannot be funded with your own money. As soon as the check is issued to you, it becomes your money.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote