Thread: Mom head injury
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you Abby, My mom was released back to nursing home today. We dont know if they will beable to care enough for her there given she is worse to the extent that she needs the morphine drug regularlyy now to manage the breathing attacks that send her into an hour or more of fear. My sis saw a number of these and it scared her to death. If mom barely moves her O2 drops. My sis says if they cant do enough for her the hospice center is next. She already is in hospice but had had some real good days.

It is hard to only beable to be just a phone support to my sister but it has helped her. When the staff at the hospital suggested she was not accurately portraying moms mental baseline I called the nurse and Shared the same view and pushed for the doc that did such a good job last April.

I have ended up in a bad way myself here tho as I am not stong enough to do that much talking during the day. I got pretty scared myself this morn cause it took hours to get more than just short little breaths. I had to get alot more mestinon in me than I am used to. Now I am wide awake and likely will be most of the nite cause of taking so much. Cant tolerate that much anymore. I called to try and get some help from my neuro. No such luck. I pray mom makes it till I get some better with the cold weather setting in. And hopeful more than that with the new neuro Nov 2nd. At least today I involved my lung doc and was able to illustrate to him how careless my neuro is.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Hi, Annie. No particular advice, but I will be anxiously listening to what others have to say. My own mother may need taking care of soon, and except for this new disease of mine, I would have been the one in the best position to do it. Now it's going to land on one of my other siblings. It's not that they're unwilling, it's that they're either far away or swimming in babies and toddlers.

People talk about "letting go," but I find it's one thing not being able to control what happens to you; it's a whole other thing when you can't help someone you love.

You are very wise to recognize this situation as one in which you will have to work at managing stress. I wish you and your family the best. Let us know how things go.

Abby
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote