View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

A. I like the abbreviation. Yeah, I know sitting in front of those darn windows doesn't work but it does feel nice. I live in midwest H@!! I can't go out in the summer due to heat and bees. I can't do the winter. So I guess I'll have to get my D in the spring and summer. Thanks for the info about the book. You know I'm an info hound. I also knew about that connection with MS, lupus and other diseases/conditions. Scientific help is all well and good but I like great instincts and experience too! I daydream about being on the beach too. It's my favorite place to be. There's nothing like a walk on a beach. It's great for getting rid of dead skin on feet too.

I know that food is hard to get D from, which is why I supplement. I do take a very good D3, in gel cap form, and have for a decade. Which is why I was so shocked about the levels.

Thanks for that info, Mrs. D. I've known about this stuff for years, and being one of those Northern Europeans who lives in the cold, dark, north, I knew I had to have it daily. My achlorhydria could be an issue but I do take Betaine HCL too. I just hope it's not a kidney issue.

Thanks, Debra. I wasn't sure about the liquid D. I take the Mestinon Syrup due to my lack of stomach acid and the fact that it absorbs more quickly. I'm no stranger to deficiencies, like iron, calcium, albumin and, of course, B12. I'm afraid it's not the Mestinon causing the BP nonsense. I take 90 mg. every 3 hours, round the clock. It may go up a little if my MG is worse but not much. That is so fantastic that your docs are doing more digging! You have such extreme weakness at times that they should. We can never assume it's "just" the MG. I may have to give the liquid D a try.

Since being specific about this issue is a good thing, I have to add that I take Vit. D twice a day. I'm taking it three times a day now, however. Geez, just set me up with an IV drip. I just looked it up . . . companies do make a sublingual vitamin D. Has anyone ever tried that?

I cannot believe how many people, even those who supplement like I do, have a deficiency. Get yours checked, guys!

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-15-2010 at 09:47 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catie (10-15-2010)