View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am on the fence.

#1 I have survived breast cancer and appreciate the chance to promote awareness, but I wonder if the teenage boys would want one at all if it didnt say "boobies" on it. I am sure it is not being used for its intended purpose, and while the money being gained from its sale will help, do we really need a bunch of teenagers spouting boobie bracelets? One comment that was made was that a 14 y/o boy was in trouble because when he goes with his dad for testicular cancer treatments, he saw alot of breast cancer patients and thought it would be good to support them. Um..#1 how did he know these women had breast cancer? #2 why wasnt he wearing a "i love balls" bracelet to support his dad? #3 there are more appropriate ways to involve teens rather than giving them a chance to have even more sexual references in their lives.

So...here I sit on the fence. I love that folks are raising awareness, but when is the pink parade going to stop? Everywhere I look, I see pink cars, pink shoes, pink dusters, pink tshirts, pink blenders, pink mixers, pink cook ware, pink pink pink pink pink! I dont want to be surrounded by pink! enough! I love pink, but since when am I not being supportive if I chose a blue or green duster? a grey car and a black tshirt? Must I be slathered in pink for the rest of my days?

I think the boobies bracelet is a good idea in the right hands, but there are very few teenage boys that I can think of that are using it for its intended purpose.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-18-2010), Kitty (10-15-2010)