Thread: SSDI doc appt
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
if you are depressed you may not take care of yourself the way you should. if the psychiatrist is using the lack of makeup as a clue to someone not being disabled then i dont have a clue either.
Yeah, but there are many many ways to take care of yourself and using just one thing to show that someone isn't taking care of themself is quite ridiculous.

I am a 24 year old female and have never worn makeup. The only thing close is lip balm. If I walked into a place with ratty hair, looking and smelling like I hadn't showered in a week.. that may be different. But some people choose not to wear makeup for many many different reasons, and that's not equal to not caring for yourself.

I shower, brush my teeth, wash my clothes, etc etc etc. So, if I look fine but don't wear makeup because I have extremely sensitive skin, that means I don't take care of myself? I don't think so.

And I know you were just giving a reason why that may have mattered, and that you are not the doctor who wrote that--my problem is not with you.. my problem is with anyone who looks at one tiny aspect of someone's life and jumps to a major conclusion.

Just as it would not be fair for a doctor (or anyone else) to judge that a person is fully capable of working just because that person can get up and walk. That's just silly..

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.

Last edited by smae; 10-16-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Typed "cash my clothes" instead of "wash my clothes"
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote