View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Annie59, I won't do tanning beds due to the cancer risks. I'll have to sit in the sun. As soon as the mosquitoes are gone.

Catie, Thanks. Support is as wonderful, if not more, than information. Yeah, this was the first level ever drawn. My endocrinologist ran the test, without my asking, and it ran both D2 and D3 levels which add up to the total Vitamin D. I trust their methods and lab, since I've had labs run there before. I don't doubt that it's accurate, given my symptoms. I also took 800 IU's before the appt., so if anything it's falsely high! I suppose that's like eating a sundae before having your glucose checked.

Be careful with those prophylactic antibiotics! You could be setting yourself up for a clostridium difficile situation. Do you take probiotics like acidophilus? People on Pred can easily have problems with both D and Calcium. And taking flax or fish oil daily is essential. Those antiprostaglandin drugs reduce the gel coating of the stomach, can reduce stomach acid (heck, you're probably on an acid blocker too, right?) and can wreak havoc on the GI tract. Doesn't it suck that we have to be so vigilant about our health?

I'd rather take sensible supplements daily than be sick. It boggles my mind, though, when even those aren't enough!

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 10-15-2010 at 04:52 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote