View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

25 years ago, we lived in an old farm house a half mile from the nearest neighbor. We rented it. My landlord told me every once in a while the windmill lets loose from its tether and screams.

OK so hubby is gone for a training session and I am alone with 4 young kids, in the middle of nowhere. (I shoulda thought about this when I was enchanted with the setting when looking at it.) Anyway, in the middle of the night, the windmill lets go and makes this horrible, loud screeching....scared the poo out of us, and landed all 4 of my kids in my bed and got me loading my rifle. I dunno know what I was gonna shoot.

Anyway, as if that wasn't bad enough.....the mercury light outside went off for no good reason....my lord, what a horrible nite. NOW, I can laugh at it.

Actually, the reason things are missing is my impending senility (but if any land were to be haunted, this is it....we are just 1200 meters from a national historic landmark park with an ancient not so mundane past) I am likely not far from an 'ancient Indian burial ground'....I KNOW the park is haunted, doesn't bother me to go there alone tho, just not at nite. Hubby and I have gone at night.

Oh MRSD....what is your thought on this...got a call from renal. The nephrologist says it is dRTA but I am not always running a low bicarb, even though with calculations, I am acidotic...so now I am really confused. She wants me to take the K, but says I don't need bicarb....(my feeling is acidosis IS the issue.) I am going to take a bit of bicarb daily, it likely won't kill me and likely will help. She said she is calling it dRTA secondary to the Sjogren's, my feeling is to test the half dozen or so genes....I am going to have that done. Even with a +ANA, my specific labs for SjS are still negative.

Others not so bad:

Last edited by cyclelops; 10-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote