Thread: Articles
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
Hi Imahotep,

What an interesting idea you have. This definitely warrants investigation I wonder if there is a way to put this into a clinical trial!!! I think I might ask my boyfriend about it tonight and see what he thinks [he is a radiation oncologist but he does a lot of research].......

Open minds are often would cause new discoveries!! There's nothing crazy in that!!!

Curious to know why you chose your name wondering if it's Egyptian????

Take care welcome!

Victoria rn
I'll be sure to keep up with this thread and this site if anyone finds anything or I do. So far the biggest thing is just an apparent infection around the fingertips and nearby scars revealed by soaking in a 4% solution of hydrogen peroxide.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Frequently crackpots (and newbies) have to fight their way in and then fight their way back out.

As far as the name:

I didn't expect to be asked or wouldn't have used it.

It's a very convoluted inside joke. I go by a name which is coincidentially similar to a Pharaoh's name on a message board related to my expertise.

About five months ago I became interested in the Egyptian pyramids and came up with a real crackpot theory about their manufacture, use, and cause. Since the name was so appropriate I continued using it on the Egyptological websites.

Imehotep is often credited with the design of the senufru pyramid south of the Great Pyramid so my friends and I make the joke "I'm a hotep, wouldn't you like to be one too?". Ok, it's a poor joke unless you were there. Maybe you have to "walk like an Egyptian" to make it work.

I'd rather not the people at the other website find out about my disability so changed the name I use here. This place would show up on a search and I'd be quickly recognized. The only good thing about this disease is you don't get much pity but I don't want even that much.

One thing I've learned well since getting sick is that time flies. There's an old proverb that man fears time, and time fears the pyramids and an old John Prine lyric that time don't fly, it bounds and leaps. It seems a lot of themes and ideas are in search of me.

Tempus fugit (time flies).
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote