Thread: Mom head injury
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ceratainly she is in hospice mode and comfort is an issue. I checked with my sis to be sure the nursing home staff would take giving her xanax now far more cautiously as that is what the hospital said was the bigger concern. When she had the attacks in the hospital they tried the mornphine first as it does work as a broncodialator and takes some level of anxiety down with the more severe depression of a valium or xanax. Whe her fear level was still so high and she could transition out of it nomatter what the nurse and my sis did my sis said lets try her xanax and the nurse said it maybe a really bad idea at this point now with her this much worse. My sis said that the xanax they had used at the nursing home, which I never liked, has been reduced and nolonger the first line for use when she is this scared cause her breathing is down and they have her oxygen all the way up and can do no more.

Her lungs are full of blood clots at this point whcih they found in April. Back then they said they didnt know how much longer it would be and they were giving her days or weeks. She has this ability to beat the odds. But this is a whole level worse now. I dont think there is a choice here. They cant let her continure to flail around terrified for more than an hour cause her breathing has dropped down so bad.

She is seeing daddy alot the past few days. Daddy died 2 years ago. I know part of her wants the struggle to end and be with daddy.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote