View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Try to keep moving. Make time every day to get out and take a walk (or a roll). If that means that you have to bundle up first, it's OK. Use long underwear, warm socks, scarves, mittens, hats, etc. My dog kept me moving last year when I was home on a LOA. Every day we went for walks, unless it was really raining. By scheduling the time to get out of the house on a daily basis and meeting my friends to exercise, I had a means of escape. A few times my migraines have gotten the best of me, and my girlfriend has taken my dog for me because I just couldn't make it. Even now that I am back to work we continue to walk early in the morning every day. Just by getting away from the bed or the sofa and getting OUTSIDE with some fresh air and exercise I feel much better than I would otherwise.

I wish you the best, don't ever give up trying to get better. XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsav32 View Post
i try to deal with my situation as best as i can,a lot of times i get so depressed i just want to cry, but i don't,usually dosen't happen until the weekend approaches.rather be doing anything other than sitting around the apartment,starting to get cold so definately will be real grounded soon.i try to even put my mind in different places but its still hard some of the thoughts i get are'nt all that good.never been a violent person, but did due the first tour of iraq so i've seen a lot
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-17-2010), bigsav32 (10-16-2010), fmichael (10-15-2010), wswells (10-17-2010)