View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
I guess the thing with ketamine is that once its left your system, and the quoted figure is 72 hours, it's gone. Compare that to most meds, where when you're on them, you're generally trying to keep a relatively constant level of the drug in your system at all times.

Then again, thinking back at least 30 years, it was never all that easy to get it on when I was directly under the influence of any substance intended to put me in a "dissociative state." Perhaps other other folks had more luck in that department. Dunno.

Mike
Hi All,

I just wanted to make a comment about the long lasting side effects after having a ketamine infusion. We all have heard about the hallucinations, I refer to them as heavy, heavy deep, deep dreaming I really never felt hallucinations. Prior to this nightmare I was a normal sleeper remembered a slight dream here and there, except when I was a child I used to sleep walk which makes my next point interesting I think. Since all the ketamine and after the first 2 weeks and then you start your boosters you are basically back to normal and with less pain, headaches, sleeping better, the burning has stopped blal.blah. The one thing that did get worse and not in a bad way is that as my husband puts it, you have a whole live of you own at night when you sleep, I talk, full conversations, I dream extremely heavy and they are not nightmares or scary but it's a whole episode not every night but a lot. As I mentioned above I used to sleep walk as a child so I always must have had some kind of sleep issue but I grew out of that by 10-11 and never experienced this type of dreaming until the ketamine, it prompted my memory of my sleep walking immediately. I just thought that was interesting. Please don't read to much into it.

gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (09-08-2014)