View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bigsave, I pop in every now and then. Wanted to give you a bit of hope, or something.
I certainly don't want to sound like I'm blowing my trumpet or anything like that, just give you an idea that along the track things can turn out differently that they may first look.
I'm 25, had rsd for going on 5 years and when I first had to contest with this beast I thought I was going to have to let go of my dream before I had even started on the road.
But here I find myself 7 clinical weeks left of my PT degree despite widespread rsd, and now GI and bladder issues too.

I am doing something I love and its worth all the pain and stress (well, depends when you ask me, at night after a long day on clinical I frequently wonder why I put myself through this, but by morning I'm ready to put myself through it all over again... something about the short term memory from head injuries lol)

There are lots of ways to get around stupid rsd stuff, not everyone is able to but its well worth trying if you can.

I think for me its a combination of fulfilling my dream, being told it was impossible and wanting to prove everyone wrong, feeling like I am accomplishing something, and the inspiring people I get to meet doing my job... nothing like seeing a bilateral below knee amputee walking unaided on their prosthetic legs for the very first time!

Don't give up if at first you don't succeed... with perseverance and pigheadedness its worth trying at least 3 more times... lol

Felicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsav32 View Post
just curious to know if anyone is working with the rsd,an to get an idea of what kind ,an how you handle the pain with either standing,sitting for long periods at a time.an also how do you keep your focus for long periods on what your doing.with all of that.i have to keep moving,cannot sit still,if laying down constantly squirming all the time.would love to try an do something just don't know what.i also know my options are limited with all the meds in which i'm on.
Alessea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote