View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Yup, Lady, you DO know exactly what I mean. Exactly.

And it's not just the doctors (and I, of course). It's those other people. You know, the ones that just assume it's my MS when I can't go somewhere or don't feel like doing something. (Why should they NOT assume that)

I'm guilty of just "letting" them think that, instead of half the time trying (trying) to explain, "No, this time my IBS is acting up. Oh, you don't know what that is? Sit down, I'll explain it to you."

Or "Gee, I'd love to, but my chronic infection is flaring and I can't wear clothes. Got anything I could participate in wearing my jammies?"

Or "My MS is fine today, thanks, but my ankle is so swollen I can barely walk and my fingers won't bend."

Or "I'd go with you, but I was up all night with anxiety and nightmares, and my brain is fried."

And the list goes on. The big problem is, God love 'em, they'd soon start thinking, "Hmmmmmm. I wonder how many of her ailments are...um...real, ya know what I mean?"

Especially when I'm never sure myself what's what. Aaaargh.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (03-07-2013), Natalie8 (03-07-2013)