View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Beautifully expressed, Bob

This is Mr. Jaye writing, care partner to one of the loveliest souls I have ever known. To be a care partner can be a burden, yes, but it also a privilege, an opportunity to love another in a very concrete way, and as such, greatly rewarding. Sadly, many partners are initially overwhelmed by the magnitude of what lies ahead for them and for their beloved but medically challenged partners, and simply bolt before getting to know what rewards lie in engaging in the struggle against PD. This is especially true of male partners; although no research has been done regarding PD, there is a strong corollary with what partners do when people are hit with MS, which has been researched. I am becoming increasingly concerned with reaching male partners of the newly diagnosed. Giving love and attention and assistance to one who has PD won't kill you, it will make you stronger. If a blessing were to have a physical shape, it would be that of a boomerang.

So, please know, Bob, that your expression of gratitude is gratefully received. We care partners are much too human to think we are angels, but it feels good to be acknowledged. PD can be humiliating, and it takes humility to accept care and to express gratitude. The honor is all mine in being allowed to partner with Jaye. Keep posting, my friend, you are doing a beautiful thing.

Mr. Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasmo (10-16-2010), Fiona (10-16-2010)