View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyK View Post
Mark,
Thank you for all of the information. I will have to check out sleep apnea.
As far as cranial sacral therapy, my chiropractor recommmended it, and I have a wonderful physical therapist.

He has helped me a lot. I once came in with a migraine, and he did some ear acupressure, then some cranial sacral work and then he taught me two Qi Gong exercises. By that time, my migraine had disappeared! Of course, it did not last. That night the headache came back, but at least I knew that there was the possibility that I could feel better.

I was getting terrible migraines until I started cranial sacral work. The migraines are not gone, but they are less frequent and more manageable. Yes, I do agree with you that the therapist has to really know what she/he is doing.

I too cannot go shopping in crowded places. I tried to go to Macy's for the first time since my injury. I got there, went inside and lasted all of 15 minutes before I had to get out of the store. I was dizzy and had a headache. Doesn't that ever improve?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge in this area. I really appreciate it.

I will write more another time. I have had a really difficult day. I woke up dizzy this morning and was completely wiped out all day. It felt like I had gone back to the beginning of my healing process. It was very depressing. And then I somehow found this group. I am grateful for that.
Hi ShellyK,

I had a sleep study at Bellevue (run by NYU) last night, you should see if you can do a sleep study, it can't hurt. BTW, with my 6 bedtime meds, I watched a movie on my laptop then slept like a baby all night, one thing they told me was a dreamed a lot during the night. Maybe that makes the brain tried and is tied to my TBI. Results come back in a week or two.
July63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote