View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Welcome Sin Lizzie!

Thank you for introducing yourself!

I'm so sorry to hear of your accident which has left you facing this pain - RSD is NOT a person's favorite thing to have to deal with!

You've certainly landed on a great place for support though! And we are constantly learning and building from one another. And you, no doubt, will fit right in and be of great benefit to US as well!

Since you are in the healthcare profession, most of what is involved will be familiar territory for you, so at least you are not faced with the fear of the 'unknown', medically speaking.......but still, you are being robbed of your personal quality of life and the passions that you enjoy. That is probably the hardest part to bear, I'm sure we'd all agree on that.

From what you describe, it looks as though you will be venturing to get a cervical implant, yes?

I admire your strength and determination as you've been steadfast in your job. Yes, you DO need to take this time for yourself and hopefully the SCS will give you the opportunity to get back part of your quality of life without having to take as many medications. I too had a liver enzyme wakeup call, which led me to having to make some changes in my med intake.

Thank you for introducing yourself.
It'll be great getting to know you!

Also, since you are facing RSD - in case you aren't aware, there is a wonderful RSD/CRPS forum here at NT which is very active and FULL of wonderful folks.
I frequent the Peripheral Neuropathy forum here since that is what led me to get the lumbar SCS to cover the horrible burning pain in both legs.

Again, welcome aboard!
Your testimony will no doubt help many others who are looking in to getting the SCS and we are always here to help the best we can.
You'll gain much support!

Let us know if you need help in finding your way around
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-01-2010)