View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi I used to have more of this. I am not violent but the pain and limits would get to me so much that mentally I had a hard time coping. I do feel meds for the mental side has helped keep me more calm and less anxious. I also know it is important to not let the feelings build up to where I explode so to speak. I agree about reaching out to others. If you want an email buddy I am here too. I try to do things to calm myself down. I have been doing biofeedback which has helped me learn to work with my body in that way. Deep breathing, relaxing ones muscles,guided imagery. Can you think of some hobbies that you could do inside especially when stuck in? As for crying it can be ok. I know it can feel weird but sometimes letting the emotions out can help you feel better in the long run. For me depression,anxiety etc are all going to be a part of my life but I'm trying to learn to manage it in the best way I can.
Bigsave you said you were in Iraq and just in general dealing with health conditions have you been to therapy? Another thought that has helped me is to write about how I feel. I used to keep a journal not sure why I stopped but it did help get the feelings out and also to make connections.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote