View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallixenia View Post
I think that everyone else answered this question pretty well for you, but just so there is no confusion -

Your doctor absolutely can perform our test instead of having you go to one of our docs. If your doc is willing, he or she needs to contact your examiner and let them know, and they will handle the rest. The truth is that to be honest most doctors prefer not to do so. I hesitate to suggest this but I personally think it's because the fee we pay for an exam would not be as much as what you (or your insurance, or whatever) would pay for the same exam

A psych exam generally takes 45 mins to an hour. The doctor will ask you questions about your treatment history, personal history, and what limitations you might experience from your conditions. Later he or she will do some memory testing. If you do not know or remember something, say so. if you feel there is something the doctor needs to know that isn't covered in the line of questioning, let them know.

Don't be too worried. Bring a book or magazine for the waiting room, and remember to bring any medications you are taking so the doctor can make note. if you forget the medications, it's not the end of the world, but it's very helpful for your examiner to see what you are taking at the moment.

Hope this helps.
My letter for my psych exam, which is this Fri 10/22, says 2-3 hours. Do you think this is for more in-depth testing? I'm worried to death becuase their is no way I can work and am at the end of my rope. By the way I've been seeing my own psych doctor and SS know this and supposidly got her report.
bdh1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote