View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 04:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
My letter for my psych exam, which is this Fri 10/22, says 2-3 hours. Do you think this is for more in-depth testing? I'm worried to death becuase their is no way I can work and am at the end of my rope. By the way I've been seeing my own psych doctor and SS know this and supposidly got her report.
I'd go by the time given by SS, not by what another poster on here says. It is very likely that the time varies based on how much information is needed.

I have never had one done for this reason (mine is purely a physical disability), but I have had two psych evaluations before major surgeries. The first was under an hour, and the one I had a month or so ago was almost 2 hours. A lot depends on what information they need from you and how long it takes you to answer their questions. When the guy asked me to tell him when my pain started and what I had tried up until this point (the eval was to be approved for a Spinal Cord Stimulator), it took 20 minutes just to answer that question.

Plan to be there for the longest amount of time--3 hours. If you get done sooner, great. But don't plan on 45 minutes and then freak out and worry why you are being kept there so long--time does not automatically mean it is bad.

Just try to remain calm and be honest--that's all you can do.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote