View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dbs

I met Jackie at the WPC and she gave me a copy of her book. It is an excellent resource for those considering DBS. She covered pretty much every thing you need to know about DBS. Thank you Jackie!

Girija

UOTE=pegleg;705356]I am at the NPF/APDA Young Onset conference (which has been combined with the Southeastern Georgia PD Conference - thank you, James!). I was talking about this very topic yesterday with two people I feel are experts - Michael and Gretchen Church. They are a husband and wife team from Florida who have had PD for some time, and BOTH have had DBS..

Michael and Gretchen are on a crusade to develop protocol (honest protocol from a patient's perspective) on making a decision regarding DBS, to include how to choose a doctor and a facility that is right for you. Sated at the table with them was Jackie Hunt Christensen who was offering her second book, Life With a Battery-Operated Brain.

I only glanced at the contents of Jackie's book, but it appeared to be quite inclusive. I plan on purchasing a copy today, but you can obtain one through amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Battery-O...7226194&sr=1-2

Keep your eye on the work these three will be doing toward refining DBS

Peg[/QUOTE]
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote