Thread: A few concerns
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I understand. I think you're a bit anxious. Alot of people suffer from anxiety ~ and I'm one of them. There isn't really a "pill" to cure anxiety but treatments are available.

Anxiety very often is combined with depression ~ and that can be alleviated with medication. I've been in and out of therapy most of my adult life, and it HAS done me a world of good. I've been able to talk about my anxiety and get feedback on why I feel anxious and what to do about it. Plus, my doctor has me on Cymbalta and Abilify for depression. That has helped immensely.

I would suggest that FIRST you go to your regular doctor and talk to him - tell him what you're feeling and how you're feeling ~ and see what he says. Most likely he'll start you on an antidepressant, but maybe not. But you need to see your doc first. And let him take it from there. Sometimes it's chemical imbalances that make us feel like this.

Like I said, I do understand ~ so let us know what he says and check back in with us, ok??? We really do care. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes