View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your thoughts, mrsD

Let's just look at one of them for now--spine--I finally got my latest neuro to order an MRI:
Sagittal and axial views of the lumbar spine were obtained. Multilevel lumbar degenerative changes are seen in particular at L4-5 and L5-S1. There are small fissures seen at both locations. No bone destruction or vertebral collapse is seen. No subluxation is noted. No canal mass is seen.

The axial images demonstrate some diffuse disc bulging at L5-S1 with slight facet degenerative changes. At L4-5 there is diffuse disc bulge with a small slight central protrusion associated with a small high intensity zone. At L3-4 the disc appears normal. L2-3 demonstrates a small disc protrusion on the right. L1-2 demonstrates mild diffuse disc bulge.

Impression:

Some degenerative disc changes are seen in particular L4-5 and L5-S1 with a small high intesity zone is at L4-5 and a small high intensity zone seen at L5-S1.
My neuro has not commented on this, so I figured that the above just means that I'm 54 with high milage and what else can you expect? I thought that if it were something serious, he would have contacted me. Do you or anyone else who is reading this know how to interpret this?

p.s. this MRI was with no contrast because the tech who did it couldn't hit my vein--they didn't tell me there was going to be an injection so I didn't drink much liquid that day, thinking it would be better to not have to urinate while in the MRI machine.