Thread: Hair loss
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hair loss

Hi all,

I have been following this site and have learned quite a bit. I would like to pick your collective brains if that's okay. I've had a degenerative neuromuscular disease for about 11 years now but that is not my problem. Within the last four weeks I have lost over fifty percent of the hair on my head and there is no end in sight. My doc ran lab tests and they came back fine; B12 is at 2000, thanks Mrs. D., and I have been on synthroid for years so that clears up the thyroid question. He has no idea what would cause this trauma and he doesn't seem concerned. It's just hair.

I do have to make a conscious effort to hold up my head so most of the time my neck is hyper-extended. By the end of the day my neck really burns and I am experiencing some numbness in my scalp. I am wondering if it might be a circulation problem or maybe I am deficient in a vitamin or mineral. I don't know what type of doc I would see for this as my pcp can't help and the dermatologist can't see beyond the wheelchair. Does anyone have a suggestion about who I would see or do next? Has anyone had this problem? Any input is welcomed.

Thanks much

Susan
Curls47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote