View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I saw every kind of doctor before I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia, including a physical therapist. My therapist was actually the first person to recognize what I had, and he recommended that I tried acupuncture. At the time I was 17, and I did not want to do it. My mom was the one that talked me into getting the acupuncture. According to my therapist I was supposed to start to see results after 3 sessions of acupuncture.

After the 3 sessions, my condition was actually worse. So bad to the point that I was taken to the emergency room. From there I was referred to a neurologist and I was given Tegretol. Within 2 days of starting on Tegretol my Trigeminal Neuralgia attacks had gone away.

I'm not saying that the acupuncture made my condition worse because my condition had been getting worse and worse already. I am also forever grateful to my physical therapist for diagnosing me because I had seen several doctors, including a facial pain doctor, and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.
the4biddendonut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote