View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue Finally diagnosed!Support!Previously "fibromyalgia, Guillain Barre, MS, disc, etc."

Hi -

I participated in Brain Talk years ago as I have epilepsy. Not why I am posting today!
History - 5 years ago onset of weakness, diplopia, double vision, trouble walking - went away. A doc. told me it was Gullain Barre but not sure. Or MS (which my brother truly has with lots of white matter). Another Doc. diagnosed me with fibromyalgia 4 years ago - but none of these made sense.

For me, increasing terrible pain in both legs - night is worse. Cramping, aching, increasing weakness walking and especially up and down stairs. Feel "wobbly"; unbalanced.

Went to neuro. today - she thinks I have "motor neuropathy" and I'm to have an MRI and EMG.

I would really, really, really like to know why I am getting weaker, and having this terrible pain. I am 49 years old and think of myself as strong. I have had some challenges including breast cancer, accident where I broke my back and developed pneumonia - but am overall ok! When I broke my back I did have terrible neuropathy in my feet but it subsided, and this was AFTER I had the weakness event 5 years ago.

Finally, I have "hyperreflexia" - very severely.

If you read this far, many thanks!!!!! Looking forward to any feedback or questions that I might ask my doctor.

Cait
Cait1994 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (10-18-2010), soxmom (10-18-2010)