View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,

I am looking for some advice/information regarding some neuropathy issues I have been having recently. A blood test just came back showing my Vit B6 levels are 122 ng/ml and I was searching for info on the net and found this thread.

I am 42, slim athletic and healthy, good vit D status, low HA1bc, low fasting insulin, low CRP, etc. For a couple of months I have been experiencing mild, randomly shifting numbness and nervey type pain in my left leg, foot, left arm/hand and sometimes right hand and leg. The doc tested me for Vit B6 status and it came back 122. I have not supplemented more than 15-20 mg/day of Vit B6 over the past year. Aside from the numbness I feel good, no loss of coordination or strength.

I stopped taking my multi-vitamin (20 mg vit b6) last week with no change in status (actually I feel a little worse.) I am curious why my levels got so high, whether they are a cause of the problem, and what I should do.

I'm not sure I understand the info provided on this thread, but does it imply that one possible scenario is that I would actually need to take more B6 and not less? Or perhaps some activated form?

Any advice/info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
NCPS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote