View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I don't have a problem with it, I even think it's cute. Earl and I spoke about this yesterday and my first reaction was to point out how much attention the campaign has generated right here at NT. That's what it's for, it's meant to PROVOKE ATTENTION.

While some will find it undignified or grotesque, who here hasn't referred to his/her gluteous maximus, stomach or an-us in some other less-than-clinical way? How is it different than referring to teeth as "chops" or hands as "paws" or mouth as "trap"? Our society is in the very big business of reducing everything to its least appropriate value, this is really no different.

I say, "lighten up!" you only make this scene once so grab all the innocent kicks you can.

ETA: It's also important to recognize that this bracelet is just one tiny angle in a massive campaign involving many, many nationally branded sponsors. If they could not stomach this one part of the much larger picture, they would not have signed on. The nation speaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Hmmm...haven't had the nads to vote yet
I rest my case.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 10-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-18-2010), SallyC (10-18-2010), SandyC (10-18-2010), soxmom (10-19-2010)