View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Check with your State's Workforce Investment Office to see if they have special training programs for you - under certain conditions you may qualify for re-training. It's worth a shot.

I was out of work on WC for a year with my RSD when it became too acute for me to manage - it was pretty awful since I have always worked full time. Low dose ketamine infusions helped me get better enough so that I could return to my job in June. I am a CPA so most of my work is done at a desk, it's all "light duty." Before I tried ketamine I had done just about everything else - blocks, meds, lidocaine infusions and tons of PT. Ketamine is the only treatment that ever really worked well for me (although lidocaine infusions were very effective for the terrible burn).

I think a lot of my brain fog was caused by the meds, but some was from the RSD also when it was in the acute stage. I am off all the heavy meds now, or I could never do my job. I will take fiorcet for my headaches. But usually nothing stronger when I'm working.

The best of luck to you. Never ever give up trying to get better or finding a treatment that works for you. XOXOX Sandy
hey sandy, that was right on. i could very much get with that and i appreciate your response. thanks.
bigsav32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote