Thread: Frustrated.
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

...not having had this very long and me being 23 {I'm sure you can relate} it is soo hard to just not do anything. To complete change your lifestylse so quickly.

Kim,you are not alone.
In fact, if we look at that from positive side,it's great that in two weeks after surgery (major!), you said you were feeling good,and you even can give your support for others.So nice of you.Things are little different now,but you had good Drs, who were trying to get you MG under contron BEFORE surgery- Pred,etc,so make sure you won't go into crisis during surgery.It did not happen to my daughter: last year , she is 24 ( you can relate),had sternotomy surgery in Nov 09, and being completely without MG treatment,although she was just DX having MG, she went to the crisis, and was on breathing support in ICU for 40 days...Had trach put in , etc .It took them a while to figure it out,and start IVIG,and after it failed,PLEX.
Now, well - good days,bad days, Pred,weight gain,ets,and of course the need to make lifestyle changes....Yes, my dear, it very hard for you all,at so young age all of a sudden get all this,but it definetely need some time to recover from the surgery ( even without MG having this is a big stress for the body),to find right medications,and when it start working,things will be better,it will be different .This is my big hope-- for my daughter and for you
I apologise for my grammar (it's not my native language).I know,it's readable,but still I can not express all I think and feel in this writing.
Kim and Tyson, I wish you all the best.Seek help from the right people only.
Marina
Marin826 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote