View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Craig ~ You are a BRAVE man, my friend! If I thought for a moment that I could tolerate the pain without these pain meds, I'd do the same ~ but I cannot. Even as it is, being undermedicated, I'm about ready to tear my hair out and there are days I'd just rather not "be here." But I would NEVER take any action in that direction.

I guess some peoples' pain tolerances are lower than others. I've had pain since a child, but back then it was sporadic. For the last 25 years it's been constant intractable pain - and my poor doc is trying everything he can to get me to a somewhat "comfortable" place. So far, it's no go - I'm hard to medicate. LOL

But I give you all the credit in the world, not only for having the strength to wean off the meds, but STAYING off. The pain must be aggravating to say the least! Bless your heart ~ YOU GO!!!

I wish you the very best! Prayers are coming ~ take care and keep us updated, ok? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroNixed Craig (10-19-2010)