View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Before this all gets moderated away, you girls are missing the mark, it needs to be in the same style, therefore, it should properly be, "I heart jockey gerbils".

I'd like to add another perspective, it's important to consider the demographics of the audience for vinyl jewelry, kids. Normal kids respond to whatever (they think) outrages adults— right at the edge of just-about-wrong. While there can be no question that there is the childish response initially, it is still putting the notion of breast cancer in their minds. That's all it's supposed to do, the method is reaching the intended audience where it tickles their hormonal little fancies.

When I think of all the far worse things I was exposed to at that age, this matter is so trivial, it's scarcely worth consideration.

I watched my best friend from college die a slow, agonizing death from it. I also watched her young daughters try to make sense of their world as it came undone. Their mom took special care to keep the humor about the whole thing, including pulling them from school to go shopping for wigs and "fake boobs" (prosthetics). The girls knew in their hearts that it was horrid, their mom knew they needed to laugh. All these years later they still tell the funny stories in their respective fund-raising/awareness campaigns.

Kids aren't stupid, they're horny and cocky and will do anything for attention. The bracelet is a lot like the kids.

Elbow, ankle, knee, finger, buttocks, ear, thigh, it's all the same. Just a part of the whole. Boobies don't deserve any special reverence or to be deified in my opinion.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-20-2010), Dejibo (10-20-2010), ewizabeth (10-19-2010), Kitt (10-20-2010), Kitty (10-20-2010), SallyC (10-19-2010), SandyC (10-19-2010), soxmom (10-20-2010)