View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ruby,

It sounds like you have a few issues....the herniated disc and anxiety are definites, then you have all of your other symptoms (mostly neuro related) The only condition that I can think of that would cause all of your symptoms is anxiety.

I've been 'pooh-poohed' by doctors and I know how irritating that is. The thing is, your docs haven't just arbitrarily dismissed your concerns and said everything is all in your head. They have evaluated you and worked you up. If you had MS/brain tumor/aneurysm/stroke causing everything it would show up on the head mRI which was negative. Then you have this other condition, anxiety, which they know you have from the panic attacks, AND it can also explain all of your other symptoms (aside from those obviously associated with the disc problem).

I think you need to consider that your docs all just might be right......try taking the SSRI regualrly (usually needs 2 to 3 weeks to start doing it's job) and start seeing a counselor to aggressively work on the anxiety issue. Time will tell if that also helps with all of your other symptoms.

Read up on Dr John Sarno and his books on the mind body connection. I'll be frank, I disagree with his assumption that ALL aches, pains, spasms, and twitches are anxiety or depression based, but certainly some are.

You've got a lot on your plate right now......juggling a job and 2 little kids. Our brains are capable of finding all kinds of ways of making us stop and slow things down. Think about it.....Do you get much time to yourself when you aren't laying down because of a panic attack, headache, or the pain ?

It's worth following up on and aggressively managing the anxiety to figure what symptoms are alleviated.

Best of luck to you. I hope that you feel better soon.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote