View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Reunion Update

Date: July 9, 2011
Place: My home church, in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
This was a small Bible college, of which that church has always been very supportive.
Tentative caterer booked. Several -- one especially (more local) people helping. But, someone else may do a reunion book, and someone else is interested in putting together a slide show. And, someone wants to coordinate local people offering to host alumni who are traveling in their homes for night, etc.
Some alumni are already asking relatives to plan summer weddings around those dates, so they don't have a schedule conflict.

Have contacted 71 out of 108 alumni. 6 were just last week, and haven't responded. 5 additional ones have not responded. Only one has said no -- schedule conflict. A few have not indicated an attendance status. The rest have said either yes, or maybe, they'll attend. Some of the "yes" people will be traveling 12 hours. Some of the "maybes" live 24 hours away.

I've had a lot of positive feedback/pats on the back for my current efforts, and it feels good to see many of us connecting on facebook with people we've been out of contact with for almost 30 years. lol If I fell off the face of the earth tomorrow, I believe the reunion would still occur without me, because it seems to have taken on a life of its own.

~ Faith

P.S.: Am also working on planning my daughter's wedding, which will be held in May. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...764#post706764
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (10-20-2010)