View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboredchick1 View Post
PLEASE RESPOND AND LET ME KNOW OF ANY IDEAS YOU HAVE.....

I want to know if anyone has found a way to make doctors listen to you when they have tried everything and none of it works. How do you get them to do what you want them to. Because I know what I'm asking. What I am asking is that they do a Sympathotamy or amputation of my right leg from about 3 inches above my knee. These are the last two things that the military doctors have not tried and they are not giving in to what I have been asking. The Sympathotamy is less drastic then the amputation of course but at the same time with the Sympathotamy I wouldn't be able to move my leg anyway so I still wouldn't be able to learn how to walk again. Incase you don't know what a Sympathotamy is I will tell you: for me the doctors would go in my lower back and follow the synethic nerve to the spinal cord and then they would cut it as close as they can and then carterise the nerve. It has been proven that it provides relief but it is really risky because of how many nerves are there and cutting it close to the spinal cord wouldn't be easy because the closer you get to the spinal column the closer the nerves are to one another. But to me I told the doc's that I don't really care any more about side affects and stuff like that because I have already been through so much and I don't see how it could make my leg any worse because I am already wheel chair bound. And that is why I am pushing for amputation because with that at least I will beable to try and learn how to walk again. And to try and live my life again.

Thank you and PLEASE RESPOND TO ME.

Tina
Dear Tina, Please don't try either one. I have had RSD since 1986 and had 3 sympathectomies, they do not work! the sympathetic chain grows back with a vengence and I think they did mine so many years ago that they had'nt realized that they are worthless, I didn't even know that they did them anymore. And to have your leg amputated is just too final and you most likely will have phantom pain, so you may as well keep the leg. What else have they done for you to try to keep your pain under control? You will most certainly get advice from other people on this board, so don't do anything drastic. The group of people on here are a wealth of info., so please stay strong and wait for more people to answer your dilemma.
Your friend Wendy
wswells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-21-2010)