View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

There is a movement in US for "functional medicine" and chiropractors are starting to offer this.

There was a post here recently....
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread134485.html

The use of new "tools" like cold laser and some electrical things are being used more frequently at chiropractors.

However the "functional Medicine" ones are mega expensive!

I will say this for myself. I dislocated my right knee about 10 yrs ago, and it was awful. I went to a Ortho doc and he did an MRI of it thinking it had a tumor in it... which it didn't, and then he injected it with a steroid and marcaine. All the while my foot hurt, esp. my big toe. Well, I finally went to a chiro/kinesiologist here (one that other professionals used and thought highly of-- and in fact a colleague of mine was in the waiting room when I came out! LOL), and she
reset my knee, with an adjustment and the pain in my foot stopped instantly! It was referred pain from my knee which was out of alignment. (something the Ortho wouldn't even offer). She gave me stretches to do for it, to keep the adjustment and they worked too!.

So I have only gone 4 times but each of them has been productive for me. Not all pain in the foot comes from the back, I learned that day!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote