Old 10-21-2010, 07:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Hey Gabbycakes..

[QUOTE=gabbycakes;707046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post

Hi Kathy,

Reading your post I just don't understand why your employer is getting involved with your filing of Federal SSD Beneftis. Do you have a case worker at the Social Security Office in your area, where your claim is being handled? I would question some of the goings on with Allsop, I quess that's the company you previously worked for? As far as I know all companies have to carry "short term disability" either through a private insurer or through there state. Once a detemination is made that the person can no longer work then a claim is processed there the Federal Social Security Administration, SSD. So, I wonder why is a private company getting involved with your claim, it's really a conflict of interest?? Kathy, I'm just looking out for you. I would call my case worker and question it.

Gabbycakes
Let me try to clearify.. yes, my employer does work thru a private insurer... and mine was processed thu the SSD Administration.. Allsup is a group hired by my previous employer to assist me in applying for SSD (saves the legal help). Once I had hit LTD with my company, they hire this group to guide me in applying for SSD..This in the long run helps put my employer..as once approval for SSD is done..this takes a large financial burden (some) off my previous employer..it's offset/supplemental to LTD..and every company has different private policys... I am blessed as my previous employer, a very large company.. I was there 25 yrs and have fantastic benefits... exp. life time healthcare for myself (and family..children until age 26).. and my husband has survivor benefits...I have lost very little pay while out..on and on..Just wish it didn't have to be this way..I so miss my life there!

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote