View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to Neurotalk.

I've been reading your posts, about your history, etc. I am not really experienced with MS issues, so I only read here to learn etc. But one thing stands out for me at least is the extremely high level of pain you are suffering with. This seems more acute that the standard central pain issues, other posters often describe.

I post mainly on our Peripheral Neuropathy forum here, and am wondering if you were ever tested for low B12 levels, or Low Vit D (which is being aggressively done now in MS patients). ???

It is possible to have other issues besides the MS that can creep up on one. For example our lab ranges of 250-900 in US are very low on the bottom end. Many countries start at 400-500 for the cutoff. We have seen posters here with low "normal" levels who had significant pain and disability. Medical experts have studies out there now to help educate doctors, but not all of them follow the newer guidelines.

People with long term low B12 end up disabled, blind, in pain and worse. This is called combined degeneration of the spinal cord.

So if you come to our PN forum, there is a B12 stickie, and a new Subforum with many posts of an informational nature to look at. Consider this an invitation of sorts.

I would also like to say, I think your dog is very cute and he/she obviously loves you very much. You are lucky to have her.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote