View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Just to clarify my position, my long explanations are merely my attempt to demonstrate the perspectives behind my vote. It was never my intention to change anyone's mind, everyone is wholly entitled to their opinions and their reasons behind them. Going back to the original post, the question was about whether they are appropriate and it is my considered opinion (laced with my marketing background) that yes, for the target audience, they are completely audience-appropriate to perform their intended objective.

To put it plainly, I feel that to deify or idolize one body part over another is every bit as ignorant as the children who seek only the "tee hee factor". It was my way of politely saying, "Get a grip!"

Breast cancer is certainly not funny nor to be taken lightly, however, considering the various developmental levels of children, this part of the campaign merely plants the seed that will ultimately mature along with the kids. What is the better alternative when addressing kids with the attention spans of fleas? Bring them a tumor to hold or transport them to view suffering patients?

Anyone who changed his/her mind after more consideration is the one who changed his/her mind. No one can do that to someone else.

Debate? No. Lively discussion with a lot of valuable & interesting exchanges? Yes.

*schlepping off to visit more suitable forums for me*

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-21-2010), Riverwild (10-21-2010), SandyC (10-21-2010)