Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap87 View Post
I am so grateful that I found this forum!! I have been looking for months to find post op experiences... until now, I'd found nothing but scary pictures, old medical research documents, and a vague "what to expect" article from the hospital that I'll be in (2 1/2 hrs. from home.)

Transaxillary first rib resection is scheduled for the 22, the day after tomorrow. Thanks to finally finding this site I finally know what to expect. Now, I think I'll go out for a longgg drive, iron what clothes will need to be ironed in the next few weeks, and appreciate the last time I can shave my arm pit for a while.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. It really helps to know that I'm not the only one that is going/ has gone though this!

Best of luck on your surgery, I hope you found all the info you needed here. Did you find the pre op preparation tips and ideas? There's some posts about that too.
prepared meals in freezer, easy clothes to get on /off, lots of pillows & /or recliner for sleeping the first few nights? etc.

Let us know how it goes when you are able to.