Thread: broken
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thanks all. I am feeding off the well wishes. Depression is saying awful things in my head. Staying strong (which is how others in my family perceive me, what a bunch of bull) is not making my own thoughts go to a "happy" place.

Spasms in the night are brutal. Night before it was the right foot that kept banging hard edges on the cast during the night. Solved that problem by wrapping the plastic cast in an ace bandage to cover hard pointed edges. Ultimate "grunge" look.

Last night, the left foot big toe spasms were strong enough to lift the heavy cast off the mattress. I wonder if it did more damage to the toes. Guess I will find out when I see the orthopedist in a week.

@Lady. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN re: numb toes stubbing a surface and screaming in pain!

I have one of those portable electric chairs for when DH and I want to go shopping/movies. The walk takes too much out of me and we were able to get the electric one through insurance. DH comes home today. I keep my cell phone close to me and have neighbors I can call if I need them. One neighbor picks up the newspaper/mail in the AM and leaves it on the door. I have good pain meds, try to hold off for the most part but I use them without guilt. Water therapy for PT? Sounds wonderful. A 90 minute massage sounds good too...potty chair is a good suggestion. All my major falls are in the bathroom.

@SandyC. DH leaving blood trails?! Gives new meaning to numb toes!
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-21-2010), SallyC (10-21-2010)