View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn0anc View Post
I have the Duodopa pump and I am functioning for the most part nearly normal when it is on, and I cannot walk, shower, dress myself, eat, etc when it is off. Yes it helps THAT MUCH!!! Without it I would have to have DBS, that or constant care and pain meds for the dystonia. The tube entrance site on my abdomen is NOT a problem to maintain. I just wash the site everyday along with my regular shower, that's it. This pump is giving me a semi nearly normal life and without it I would most likely be in a wheel chair tucked away in a care facility somewhere..... I encourage everyone who no longer responds well to the pill form of Sinimet to consider it. It is not a miracle, as I still have down days mixed with better ones, but the on/off periods are much lower in intensity and much more gradual in duration. I could not go back to oral Sinimet even if I wanted to because of severe dystonia. I am hopeful that this pump may forestall ever needing DBS. I have been friends with this device for 14 months. I got it when it was open label, no placebo.

PM me with questions. I also have a much better way to carry the pump than the supplied fanny pack. Photos if you're interested.

Me
Hello!
I began using the pump three weeks ago and have not yet been able to reclaim my "street clothes". Would appreciate viewing the photos you referenced! If you have any other tips, that would be most welcome as well. Thank you for your willingness to share!
carolnoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (10-21-2010)