View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default HiTina,

I agree with Sandy on this. I would find the right Dr. that will try new treatments on you and get your pain level to a place where you don't think of either of those options. From what I have seen with friends, neither work.

I begged my PCP for years to cut my arm off. The man was determined to get me to a place where I didn't want that. I spent years in PT, saw several PM Drs., and Neurologist. I was very suicidal too. I was to the point, had my PCP not jumped in and studied up on my RSD and other medical problems to help me, I know I would not be here today.

There are a lot of options that might help you that most likely you haven't tried or had and each Dr. has new ideals so don't think one Dr. is going to help you unless he is caring and determined to.

I get Lidocaine injections now, but I have had blocks, PT, surgeries, any meds I need and have gotten to a better place. I am not well but better.

I see a lot of improvement on here with a lot of the people who have been on here for years.

It did take us about 8 or 9 years to get me to where I am and we still work at it but you can get there.

Councelling I believe is very important too It helped me as much as the other treatments I have had. Learning relaxation, meditation, and just finding someone that I could talk to when I needed to vent.

I hope you find relief soon, but those two treatments aren't the answer.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote