View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I didnt expect such a quick reply, but thank you...My first post I was in a rush and left out a lot.

This has been an ongoing issue for about 5 years ever since I got out of the Army. It first started as muscle spasms which hit the neck shoulder and chest. the spasms would get so bad my neck would lock up and I couldn't move it for days. Currently there is minimal spasms but the back of my neck and upper back always throbs with a never ending headache and the pain radiates into my shoulder and tricep. Numbness in tricep, forearm and fingers but this is intermittent, and new withing the last few months. If I roll my head back or to the right to far its like I'm sitting on the nerve and my arm starts to go numb with added pain. I have noticed strength loss as well. I work out a lot and take logs of my weight reps and this is where Ive noticed it. (But everyday use I don't notice, yet).

I have been to physical therapy for 2 rounds. 3 years ago for 4 months 1x week and currently for a past 6 months 2x a week with traction. I have taken muscle relaxers, NSAID, narcotic pain meds (used on off days from work for a bit...but cant use really as I'm a nuclear security officer), prednisone pack, and had two epidural injections.

The injections did nothing for me, really nothing has and it continues to get worse.

My main concern is that is that the short-long term it will just get worse + all the med trials I have been on I imagine are killing my guts. I am only 30 so I have plenty of time for it to progress more. Also as far a I know I have exhausted all options...Am I missing something. Many thanks yet again
justin3680 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote