View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Thanks for your concern

Nice to see everybody so concerned. After eight weeks my doctor told me to resume mountain biking and he noted that the purpose of the SCS was to get me back to normal activities. I ride real mountain trails, e.g. above Lake Tahoe, but nothing like the Mountain Dew commercials. I've never done jumping and I certainly would not start now. But falling is part of mountain biking, and it will happen occasionally. I was told I'll have to decide what I can do, and what level of pain I will accept. But I bought a new bike as a reward for most of the past two years off the bike. Can't wait to take it out this Saturday, rain or shine. If interested you may follow my progress here.

My Medtroninc rep is a former Physical Therapist and he gave me some caveats with respect to weight lifting. I keep my back supported, I minimize bending over and twisting, and I've given up my dreams of Olympic glory

I suspect how you come out of SCS surgery has a lot to do with how you went in. I've been pretty active the past 20 years and I hope to continue.
Wherewolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (10-22-2010), Rrae (10-22-2010), smae (10-22-2010)