View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Jana! It makes me feel good to have all these friends I've never met who care about me anyway.

Annie mentioned polymyositis to me, too. I sort of pooh-poohed it, mostly because I have no pain (did I mention how grateful I am that I have no pain? I know that not everyone with MG can say that). But I see this is listed as a minor symptom.

I will talk to the doctor when I see him soon. I suspect he will tell me that the CK-serum test rules it out. Maybe it's time to repeat that test. I see that there are also specific antibody tests for polymyositis, and that sometimes MRIs can diagnose it. Or muscle biopsies.

Last time I saw my doctor, I was in the middle of a "good" period. I can see why he wasn't pushing to diagnose or treat this--I was doing quite well. Right now, I'm in the middle of a downswing. I'm going to call him right now and ask if he'll see me right away instead of November 2.

Thanks again. I really, really appreciate it. Thanks to you, too, Annie, for all the help you've given me. It's not just medical knowledge you pass on--it's seeing what a fine human person someone can be even when she's got a horrible disease. That is immensely important to me.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote