View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TN..new at this forum not sure where to post this

Hello everyone
This is now my second round with TN and it doesn't look like there is much help around the corner. I wasn't sure what was happening the first time I was hit with what felt like a bolt of lightening that dropped me to my knees but it scared the heck out of me and the pain that followed for 10 months was the worst pain imaginable. I suffered for those 10 months because I could not get a doctor to believe me.I went to Mcmasters in Hamilton and had an MRI but was later told by my nuero that I had TMJ which I know I don't. I had bilateral pain but never at the same time, it would switch form one side to the other without warning... I was later put on tegretol and neurotin because I told them I was giving up and I was at that point.I couldn't function any longer, emotionally or psyically.... The drugs were making me sick so after 6 months I slowly weaned off them and was doing great with only the occasional twich of pain and lightening strikes to my face and I was coping well... Two weeks ago I was once again struck with a jolt that dropped me to my knees and the pain has been with me since..I am back on tegretol since Monday and it is helping but will take time to build up to rid me of all the pain.... My problem- why don't they try to find out the cause instead of filing me full of drugs that turn me into what feels like a zombie....is it possible they missed something on the MRI? I've heard that has happened before..Seem they want to mask instead of getting to the bottom of what is causing this.....

I don 't want to live this way because I can't function on these meds and the longer I take them the worse I become..this isn't living and I am starting to feel depressed and how can one not when you are fighting the worst pain imaginable....I don't know what to do but one good thing that happened today was my daughter who finally got me into see her doctor this coming Monday..she's a investigator and gets to the bottom of things, quite different from my present family doctor..hopefully she can help me and thank god I am one stubborn woman or I wouldn't be here today..... sorry abuot my rant but I am feeling down and crappy and exhausted from fighting pain..hopefully this med will build up quickly in my system to give me some relief.....
BorderlineAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote