View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy s View Post
I've done the Zone diet, which I think was very good. You are supposed to balance protein, fat and carbohydrate, and I think the fact that neither my husband or I ever had any cravings on that diet must speak for the balance. It was all supposed to be high quality food - lean protein, olive oil and nuts etc. for fat, low glycemic index vegetables and fruit for carbohydrate, and they had three different ways of measuring food to make the balancing easy. Actually, you could eat anything you wanted, it just had to balance. We fell off the diet at Christmas, and have spent the time since saying "we really should get back in the Zone!"

Now I'm trying Dr. Terry Wahl's "Minding My Mitochondria" diet - LOTS of certain vegetables plus a lot of other guidelines. I'm sleeping way better, and have gone two to three hours longer than usual between doses of medication a few times. The effect is enough to inspire me to keep going.

PS It's snowing today.
Thanks for this Wendy! I needed a little push or nudge from others who have noticed a difference; I do so like bread and pasta....

Now I am confused because another scientist recommends avoiding saturated fats if you have an inflammatory condition- we have a heck of a lot of that going on the brain, so now I wonder how much coconut oil is too much....

Is the mitochondria diet in book form? That lengthening between meds says something is working right. I'll have to look that up.

Where do you live?

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (10-26-2010)