Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face talk about the techno world!

I just got a new MP3 player (for Valentine's day)...We found it at Costco
last week on a super sale.
It is a Sansa e280... state of the art..Windows compatible.

I put some of my favorites on it (it was pretty easy) and listened in bed
last night. What a sound! It is better with quality ear buds, which we already had.

I used to have vinyl records on turntable when I was in college in the 60's, and lie in bed listening. I had some vintage things by Johnny Mathis back in the late 50's and early 60's and listening to them last night and comparing the times and
my age etc... was pretty striking. I found all of my oldest favorites on Amazon remastered, and collected them on CD last winter(50yrs old). The sound is flawless!
http://sandisk.com/Products/Item(205...layer_8GB.aspx

Yep, kids today have no clue/idea how primative things were.
This Sansa is 8gig... our first computer was 1 gig harddrive a Pentium 100 Acer! Imagine walking around during the day with no cell phone! Completely on your own! That is becoming a thing of the past too. LOLOL... I often wonder how kids today will develop a real
independence since they seem glued to the phones. I've only had a cell for 3 yrs myself!

These MP3s (we had the Sansa c150 before)...are very handy tho for our traveling in the summer. Cuts way way down on stuff to shlep. This one the
e280 is SO SLICK... I mean really beautiful and nice to hold. Very pleasing aesthetically. At my age...I am really impressed. The young folks tho? They EXPECT nothing less. Where will they be in 50yrs? I wonder sometimes.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote